150th Anniversary Sidebar
Our fellowship-trained surgeons specialize in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic and robotic surgery. In addition, our physicians have access to state-of-the-art, recently remodeled surgical suites equipped with the latest technology. We offer a broad array of diagnostic and therapeutic surgical services which include but are not limited to:
- Advanced Laparoscopy
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm repair (endostent procedure)
- Anal/Rectal (fissures, hemorrhoids, fistulas)
- Atrial fibrillation surgery (MAZE)
- Bariatric/Metabolic Surgery
- Chamberlain procedure
- Chest Tubes
- Colon Surgery – Cancer and Diverticulitis, Prolapse
- Colonoscopy/Upper Endoscopy/ Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
- Complex aortic surgery
- GI Surgery–Colon/Small Bowel
- Gastric Stimulator for Gastroparesis
- Gallbladder (Cholelithiasis, Cholecystitis)
- GERD procedures (Nissen)
- Hernias (Pediatric & Adult)
- Hemorrhoids/Anal Procedures
- Intestinal (Adhesions, Diverticulosis, Obstruction)
- Laparoscopic Colon and Rectal Surgery
- Laparoscopic Hernias
- Lung cancer treatment
- Lymph node dissection
- Melanoma/Skin Cancer
- Minimally Invasive Surgery – standard laparoscopy and daVinci Robot
- Muscle Biopsy
- PEG Tubes
- Pericardial Window
- Peritoneal Dialysis Catheter
- Permanent Venous Access Devices
- Pectus surgery
- Pulmonary resections
- Reflux Procedures
- Robotic Surgery
- Skin Cancers, Lymph Node Biopsies
- Stomach and Small Intestine
- Spleen and Adrenal Removal
- Tracheobronchoplasty for Tracheomalacia
- Thoracoscopic/ VATS lung surgeries
- Thoracotomy Lobectomy and other lung resection
- Thymectomy Hyperhydrosis
- Varicose veins
- Wounds, Lacerations
We accept most insurances. If you have questions about coverage, it is always best to contact your insurance company first.
The facility affords many benefits to our patients:
- Patients have a separate entrance and admitting desk on the northeast side of the hospital.
- Surgery patients are given special parking permits during their time of surgery.
- A family-friendly waiting room near the admitting area and an outdoor courtyard - funded by the St. Vincent Hospital Foundation and Auxiliary - offers more room and greater privacy
- There are 10 operating rooms and two procedure rooms. This gives us the capacity to accept emergency trauma cases and accommodate increasing numbers of surgeries.
- Operating rooms have space for today's state-of-the-art technology.
- There are 10 surgical admitting bays which makes it possible to prepare more patients for surgery, shortening wait times and increasing efficiency.
- The post-anesthesia care unit has 17 bays, giving patients more time to recover after surgery.
- A welcoming area for IV infusion, blood transfusions, and injections so patients don't have to go through the Emergency Department, which is more convenient for the patient.
- A suite dedicated to laser eye procedures.
Operating rooms feature equipment booms mounted in the ceiling, allowing for efficient placement of surgical equipment, better use of space, and a more organized work area for surgeons and staff. In addition, the operating rooms have flexibility to accommodate different types of surgery. For example, three operating rooms are equipped with endoscopic equipment while a fourth set of the equipment is mobile. Surgeons have the ability to display critical patient vital signs, x-rays, and digital images on conveniently located ceiling-mounted monitors.
General, Acute Care Follow-up, Thoracic & Vascular Surgical Services
Physicians Plaza of Santa Fe
1631 Hospital Drive,
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Office Hours: 8:00am-5:00pm Mon-Thur