150th Anniversary Sidebar
Recognizing Signs of Sleepiness and Sleep Deprivation
Insomnia can deprive you of the sleep you need to stay healthy. Fortunately, there are ways to put insomnia to rest.
Symptoms include experiencing sleep-related symptoms such as loud snoring, sleep apnea, excessive sleepiness, among others
- Dozing at the wheel while driving
- Falling asleep while watching television or reading a book
- Sleeping for extra long periods on weekends.
- Inability to fall asleep at night or awaken in the morning
Sleep deprivation has been shown to contribute to:
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depression/mood swings
- Memory loss
- Problems with concentration